cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decentralised EWM with another ERP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very new to EWM/SCM.

Im looking into the possiblilty of running EWM decentralised with a different ERP backend, my question is can you leverage the existing EWM interfaces, and connecting through PI71 to any other ERP ? Is there any any standand content in PI71 for these kinds of interactions. PI71 will be used for all interactions as there are multiple systems in the landscape including JDE, 4.6c and ECC6, ideally a single set of interfaces in WM would send and receive through PI with the heterogeneous backends.

Obviously mapping to each of ERP's would need to take place, but ideally the interfaces with WM would be almost completely standard.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The existing interfaces in PI can be leveraged but I'm just wondering the complexity of the architecture especially when EWM is connected to various ERP systems via PI. Most importantly, the data maintenance and transaction flow between different sources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"running EWM with a different ERP backend," --Not sure how well it works.

My thought on this post:

EWM system main mandatory process is Inbound and Outbound...( GR / GI ). Creation can also be possible thru standard BAPI's or IDOCs in EWM system.

(PI7.1) sender side can connect to any R/3 or diff ERP system as business system. But scenario will have to implement properly either A2A or B2B Choosing appropriate adaptors (FILE,JDBC,HTTP,u2026etc). Mapping sender and receiving system fields.

PI7.1 system can connect thru RFC or IDOC adaptors at receiver side to EWM System as business system . Vice verse

PI7.1 can communicate many other systems in the landscape.