Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No valid production version found issue

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a usage 8 R&D BOM that I wanted to use as a production version. In the MRP 4 view of the material master, I have specified the selection method as 3 "Selection only by production version" and have maintained the production version there. Pleease see the screenshots by going through the hyperlinks below.

http://i56.tinypic.com/21j41o4.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/xeh4dw.jpg

When I try to create a production order, I get the error "No valid production version found".

I have checked the validity of both the BOM and the routing and there is no problem with that. Infact I created a usage 1 (Production) BOM by copying it from the usage 8 (R&D) BOM and entered it as the production version in the material master and it works.

Is there any place where BOM usage and production versions are linked? Can you please help me out with this issue?

Regards,

Nicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

branden
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try OPL8, and change selection method of production version to 1 (manual selection of production version).

Good lucky!

Branden

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

As you have copeid from Standrad Production BOM Usage -1 to another Usage -8 , it may be the case of configuration mistake .It seems you PV has green flag .

Please check the following :

1.Valid from Date and Valid To date of the PV based on Production Order Start and Finish Date .

2.Check whether PV is not locked or not in MM02-Detail PV

3.Check from configration side in  OPL8 whether you have maintain the PV selection based on BOM Application-P , Routing Selection Id (3-Automatic) , Slection Id -01

4.Check in  OS30 BOM applictaion -PP01 whether you have marked PV, Slecetion Id and other set up like MRP, Rel Ord, RelsPO, Rel.Costing with correct selection  id ..

5.Check in  OS31 whether you have maintained BOM usage 8 with correct selection id .

7.In BOM , Status long text you should keep BOM Status at header levek as 2-In active .

Hope this helps

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but I had a problem using the select method 3, and in some specific materials I was getting the same message when I was creating a production order.

“No valid production version found for material xxxxxxxxx”.

I’d looked all places, but the version was perfectly. After a long analyze I found out the problem. The material was been using with quota arrangement, and the production version wasn’t filled in the correct place for in-house item quotation.

So, if you get the same error, have a look if you are using in house quotation at MEQ1 transaction. If you are, please inform the production version. This worked to me.

Hope I can help

Kind regards,

Diego Nichele

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Try to maintain the lot size in routing and production verion in the same range.

check and confirm

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicky,

Check below things:

1 Go to OPL8 and check what is the BOM application used for order type and plant combination.

2. Go to OS30 BOM applictaion and check what is the selection id maingtained there.

3. GO to OS31 and check for that selection id, if BOM usauge 8 is maiantained.

please check and revert.

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPL8, BOM application is PP01 (Production - general)

In OS30, the production version indicator is selected for the selection id of the R&D BOM.

In OS31, BOM Usage is 8 besides the selection id for R&D BOM

So why is not the R&D BOM being considered in the production version?

The strange thing is that when I enter the BOM usage as 8 in the production version of the material master, I get a Warning that "No matching alternative BOM exists" and then when I check the production version, everything is green/fine and the systems displays BOM exists.

Regards,

Nicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just maintain new bom application and order type for r&d order and define selection priority for the same with all the setting mentioned in above threads and check, it should work.

Regards,

Sachin.

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your second screen shot i can presume that there should be incosisency between lot size of production version and routing.

as per your screen shot

lot size limit for production version is 0 to 9999999999

while

lot size limit of your routing is 0 to 99999999, which is inconsistent with production version lot size. Although in your screen shot there is no inconsistecy but still try it changing this lot size.

As mention by our other expert check whether bom usage 8 is allowed for production or not. Check settings in os21 and os30.

Regards

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NIcky,

1. Please make sure your production version created is without any errors.

2.In t-code os30-tick mark production version indicator.also select check boxes released for order,mrp explsn,cstng,wrk schd etc.If you have defined new application for bom usage then assign this application in opl8 in field bom application.

3.In t- code os31- maintain order of priority for bom usage.

Check above settings and revert back if not solved.

If you want to create po strictly by pv then select selection method as 3 in mrp 4.

Regards,

Sachin

Edited by: Sachin Tulsidas Naik on May 25, 2011 8:42 AM

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

please set Selection method as '2' (not '3');

please set checkbox "Verson indicator" on;

please set BOM usage as '1' (not '8') - before that make sure is NOT copied from 8

good luck!

p.s. make sure your version is valid