cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination when creating Sales Order referencing Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is ther any way to force material determination when creating a sales order with reference to a contract?

When I create a sales order from scratch, the material determinations works fine, but when the sales order is created referencing a contract, the material is copied from the contract without material determination.

I've checked control copy at item level, without sucess.

Thanks in advance,

Nuno.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

Material determination is triggered by the material entered in the line item of the sales order.

You can carry out new Material determination/Product selection by copy cotrol configuration when creating with reference.

For your scenario of creating SO with reference to Contract the "product selection field should be blank" at item level copy control.

Blank --> Carry out new product selection

A --> Copy result of product selection

B --> like A, but the product selection is never cancelled afterwards

C --> Reserve

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked the copy control at item level, and product selection field is blank. Unfortunatelly, it seems that material determination is not carried out when creating sales order from contract...

Any ideia?

Thanks,

Nuno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

Cross check if the Product determination filed is blank for the item category used on the order.

Check if the condition records for material detrmination are valid in transaction VB12.

Thanks

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material determination is concerned with material which u will be assigning.check copy control settings of item category.maintain copy control thru VTAA from contract doc to SO doc.

Let me knw what error ur facing

Thanks

Shri..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is a contract, it usually means (in business terms) that you are bound to provide that material. If different materials can be supplied, you need to add these to the contract in some shape or form.