cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSCM Dispute Correspondence (buffering) issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a developer working on ECC6 Dispute Manager custom correspondence letters that we have set up to be triggered manually. I'm using Adobe interactive forms to generate correspondence letters along with standard text objects and I'm having an issue specifically within the FSCM Dispute Manager module itself, I do not have this issue if I create custom ABAPs to call my forms.

I click the create correspondence -> choose the letter to be created -> save the correspondence. Next I go in and do a preview of the letter, which has a call to read_text -> edit_text so that the user can customize the letter and when they hit save, I do a save_text call and then the letter is shown in a preview format. Now if I realizes they made a mistake in the letter, I do another preview of the letter update the text (edit_text FM call), however, after the save text the preview does not reflect the second set of changes that I made. All of this processing happens within a single call of the SCASE t-code.

Now if I do a /nSCASE and go back in I can see the updated text so to me it looks like a buffering issue. I have my workaround of doing a /nscase and going back into the preview, however, I was curious if anyone else has this issue or know if there is a way to fix this? I've tried adding commits and waits but that seems to have no effect. I've also debugged the form itself after the save_text then done a SO10 and seen the updated text prior to continuing to the actual preview of the form.

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven

Haven't worked with the AF version for DM yet, but one thought that springs to my mind is that the document data structures and tables you're using in your correspondence output routine still hold the old values. Have you checked them via debugger or ensured the output routine didn't simply append additional lines to it?

Just a hunch...

Kind regards,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

While debugging I do see all of the new values in the internal tables as hoped. I then continue to be able to display the preview of the output which still has the old text.

I've tried adding commit statements after the save event, but those had no effect. What's also extremely odd is that when I'm looking at the preview of the PDF, if I go pull up the standard text object in via FM read_text, I can see the updated text saved in the DB yet the PDF form has the old values.

Regards,

Steve