helo Gurus

How do i attain rows expansion based on evmbr

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go to your input schedule or report -> control panel -> membetset selections -> you can select and design dimensions for rows and columns. As mentioned above, you have options like Self, BAS etc. The members of that particular dimension will be displayed according to your selections.

Hope this answers your query.

Rgds,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Gurus

let me thank for all ur responses

the explaination is

I have a selection box in which the user must be able to select desired member.

and based on the selection the rows must expand.

well the memberset can be used to expand when u know something definete, but if the selection depends on the user selection , now i am trying to use evmbr instead of dropdown list , and based on the selection from the evmbr i wouldlike to expand the rows

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can input a formula in the MemberSet that references the EVMBR formula that the user would select.

For example, your EVMBR formula is in Cell C50 and is for the Entity dimension. For example =EVMBR("Finance","0001"), whereby entity 0001 is a valid member of the Entity dimension.

In the MemberSet parameter for the Entity dimension, simply type in =C50. This will reference the entity that is selected by the user.

In this scenario, the user opens the template/report and selects a member using the EVMBR formula. The user would then need to Expand the template/report to update the template/report with values from BPC database.

Regards,

Jim Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo

Jim

thanks for the Answer it solved the problem in one way , as i created a new evdre and checked for the solution offered , it works

but the report i have has multiple row key ranges to which i have the first rowkey range on no expand and i am trying to pipe the second expansion n the wbs elements

now this second expansion must be based on the evmbr selection

which does not happen

any more ideas that i can achive what i need?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

gurus

I tried to split into two EVdre and tried to expand in the other evdre using evmbr but still does not expand as i wish

any Ideas or suggestions

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe there is a way to handle this, but I no longer have a 7.x system to play with to give you a firm answer.

What you can try is to write a formula in a cell (that is not in any of the page key ranges, or anywhere else being used by the EVDRE) that looks like this:

=""&"|"&C50

whereby C50 is the cell that the EVMBR formula is in.

This may or may not work appropriately as I'm at a disadvantage and trying to remember how you can set the first row key range to a no expand, but have the second piped row key range actually expand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo

Jim

Thanks for trying again

I tried the same it doesnot expand

i am on 7.5 nw sp07

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bpcbee,

Just a quick question, why do you need NOEXPAND on first range? If it's to fix that range to certain members then you can use another way like hard coding the members and concatenating the formula for EVMBRS. Example, ="Member1,Member2,"&EVMBR("AppName","Member3") or something like that.

Hope this helps,

Marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Marvin

NOEXPAND in the meberset is to control the way the report should look based on the selection from drop down

the list of members on which i would like the user to select is a subset of all the members.

there are too many members where they cannot be hardcoded and the members list is dynamic.

they grow from time to time.

and i tried working by hardcoding and it does not work, the evmbr is not pulling respective data, instead the member from the pagekeyrange is pulled , which i donot require.

for someother purpose of a report worked the same with one evdre it is perfect,

but in this case i require two informations for the user

1. with the parent elements

2. with the members on selection from the user

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All

it seems that if there is even one NOEXPAND in the Dimensions as of the EVMBR exists , say for example if the EVMBR is set to row expansion then there must not be any NOEXPAND 's in the ROWs else the expansion does not work.

thanks for all ur support , it helped me in investigating more

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bpcbee,

Not sure exactly of what you mean but you can also use formula such as EV functions as member set in the row expansion parameter of EVDRE as long as it will result in a valid "MEMBER SET" (BAS, SELF, MEMBERID, FILTER such as ACCTYPE=AST, etc. ).

Hope this helps,

Marvin