Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Order Dates / Times CIF Integration

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our MRP / APO process in my current project is getting a little more complex because of the problems of APO to manage Parameter Effectivity. Right now we are evaluating if we should develop to let the parameters go through our multiple levels, but while we wait on SAP to help us on the subject we are exploring alternative processes.

So right now, we are testing a process where MRP would run in ECC and Planning / Detailed Scheduling would still be done in APO. While doing this I came on a weird behavior in the transfer of the planned orders.

So I have a Sales Order created in ECC and CIFed in APO. In ECC the date is 2011/08/12. In APO in gets transfered to the same date (2011/08/12) and its availability time is set to 00:00:00.

I run MRP in ECC. A planned order gets created to finish at the same date (2011/08/12). Once transfered to APO the planned order is still on the 2011/08/12 but the availability time is set to 23:59:59.

This creates alerts that the Requirement is not covered and the dynamic pegging is not created because the planned order is later than the requirement.

Anyone has an idea on how I could fix this? I know if I run heuristics in APO it could get realigned, but I find it weird that they are not created at the same time.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi all!

00:00:00 is an ambiguous value, bear that in mind.

This issue you are facing can be only a display issue.

a) Go to /SAPAPO/RRP3 and double click on the "faulty" order. What dates appear in the Order View?

b) Check LiveCache. Go to /SAPAPO/RRP3, open the material and then on the Product View type "gt_io" in the transaction field. Check the dates in LiveCache

c) Execute the Delta Report to see if there is a difference reported there.

Will

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi marc,

When we transfer any order from R/3 to APO first time will be converted from there local time zone to UTC time zone and onc it reaches APO again it will be converted to local time zone of that location. similarlly it will be displayed in planning book based on user settings ....

Please check your resource, handling resource , time stream setting calculation rules.. whether you maniantained from 00:00:00 to 24:00:00 or 00:00:00 to 23:59:59. it may be the reason why you are getting difference.....

some times we used to maintain timings 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 since if you say 24:00:00 it will be considered as 00:00:00 of next day. thats the reason why people used ti maintain 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 .

in your case you are getting time as 2011/08/12 - 23:59:59 (or) 2011/08/13 - 23:59:59 . check above settings and time zone settings carefully...

Regards

Thennarasu.M

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting 2011/08/12 - 23:59:59.

My resources are maintained with 24:00:00.

I don't have Time Streams created. Are they necessary?

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Is the Delta Report (/SAPAPO/CCR) complaining on this difference?

Kindly generate the Time Streams for the handling resource in APO.

The handling resource should be created in APO with the type Handling Resouce in /SAPAPO/RES01.

The capacity must be set to 100% and infinite scheduling (availability).

Let us know if that helped.

Will

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have similar issue as you, On Create it adds 23:59:59 as the time, we expect it to be 00:00:00.

it works fine if we change that order, then the time gets reset. Did you find any solution for this. Please let me know.

Thanks Much in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have similar issue On Planned order create, On Create it adds 23:59:59 as the End time, we expect it to be 00:00:00.

it works fine if we change that order, then the time gets resets to 00:00:00.

Thanks Much in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What dates/times does SAP APO take from SAP R/3:

Depending on the scheduling type specified in the strategy profile (forward or backward scheduling), SAP APO adopts either the basic start or basic end dates from SAP R/3 and then schedules the missing basic date on the basis of the PPM.

If lead time scheduling takes place in SAP R/3, SAP APO adopts the production start and end times. However, if lead time

scheduling does not take place in SAP R/3, SAP APO only adopts the basic start and end times.

I donot know whether this helps you

*Request you look into the offset in scheduling field in the PP strategy profile " with which you can acheive the results.

Offset Time in Minutes:

Using the offset time, you define a date/time that occurs the specifie number of minutes before or after the current time. If you specify a negative value for the offset time, the date/time occurs in the past, while if you specify a positive value, the date/time occurs in the future.

You can use the offset time to determine the planning period and the earliest possible start date of the operations to be scheduled or rescheduled - depending on the application.

Dependencies

You can specify a maximum offset time of plus or minus 2629800 minutes

(5 years).

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly check the activity in the planned order and also run CCR report to check if it finds any inconsistency regarging the availability date.

Rgs