Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Term in customer master to be given restricted access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client has a requirement...

Payment Term in customer master should be editable only to authorised persons...for all others it should be in display mode...

do we have any user exits to achieve this???

or any valuable inputs/suggestions will be awarded marks...

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

You can acheive this in standard.

Go to IMG>Logistics - General>Business Partner>Customers>Control>Define and Assign Field Authorization Groups

Maintain Customer field groups and maintain the fields(KNVV-ZTERM) in the Group fields.

Go through the help file you will get the detail process to acheive this.

Also if in your company person creating sales area data(Sales Personnel) and person maintaining company code data (FI Personnel) is different and suppose if you want only FI people should be authorized to Maintain and change Payment terms then you can make Payment term field greyed out for T code VD01/VD02 and make it editable in XD01/XD02.

This can be done in TCode OB20 - Transaction dependent screen layout.

Hope any of the solution can be worked around to acheive ur requirement.

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thank you very much...SHIV RAM, Shantanu and Mayan K Patel...

Actually Shantanu..No i am NOT using Credit Management...but your inputs are very much appreciated...

I could resolve the issue with Mayank Patels answer...Thanks Mayan...also SHivram..your inputs are very useful too..

Thanks guys...

Prasad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using Credit management functionality?? if yes then there is a credit check for sensitive fields and "Payment terms" is a sensitive field. So what happens is that the sales order gets blocked if the payment terms are changed in the order. Then you can have VKM1 transaction authorization to release the sales orders for only few people.

This way you can do away with the user exists and developments.

If you are not using credit management then you have to use user-exit or transaction variants.

Regards,

Shantanu

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to control this using user exit EXIT_SAPMF02D_001 in enhancement SAPMF02D. Other option would be, you can check with the basis team to see any authorization object can be created based on this field and assigning the same to user ID.

Regards,