cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicating to many remote systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our environment we have many remote systems (40-50 or more). I am concerned about performance trying to syndicate large volumes to many systems. One option may be to syndicate one file and let PI distribute the data to the remote systems. Have any of you tried this? If so, would you share some of the details.

How would PI know how to distribute the data? Are remote systems maintained in PI (as well as MDM)?

If we syndicate once and let PI distribute the data, should the syndication file have a record for each remote system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom

Q: One option may be to syndicate one file and let PI distribute the data to the remote systems. Have any of you tried this?

If you want to distribute the same data to different remote systems you can use one outbound port for all remote systems and in PI switch on Roll-out mode.

In that case MDM perfomance will be better(just one syndication for all remote systems)

SAP MDM 7.1 supported multi-tread work you can switch on this mode and in additional, you can ordered outbound ports and set syndication time interval for each of its.

Q:How would PI know how to distribute the data?

When you configure PI you set remote systems as receiver for your case.

Q:Are remote systems maintained in PI (as well as MDM)?

In MDM it 's more user friendly than in PI.

Q:If we syndicate once and let PI distribute the data, should the syndication file have a record for each remote system?

If you can to syndicate by one pass data for all remote systems you can do it by two ways:

a) create own outbound port fro each remote system and create own mapping for this syndication

b) use one outbound port for all remote systems(one mapping for all) and in PI split data by remote systems and distribute it.

Both way are usable and your perfomance depends by syndicated data size, how often you need to syndicate data, MDM and PI working load etc.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>How would PI know how to distribute the data?

PI can do this pretty easily, we have a concept of "Business System" in PI which is pretty much similar to "Remote System" of MDM.

You can send only 1 file to PI which has all the record(don't filter any record in MDM syndication map), PI can easily put conditions and routing rules to selectively send data to subscribing systems.

We do it all the time and it works perfectly

>>If we syndicate once and let PI distribute the data, should the syndication file have a record for each remote system?

No need, just send all the records to PI, irrespective of which remote system it will eventually go, ask PI consultant to put in logic in Message mapping of PI to selectively send records as per the "Business System"

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

i doubt if you could have one to many mappings in the Pi system

ie one inbound mapped to multiple outbounds (targets) - as fasr as i know its one to one

so in that case i see the option of having 50 remote systems/ports defined in MDM and each being mapped to target remote systems thru the PI.

if the recordds are all the same for all the remote systems and theres NO need to later identify to which systems to belong to (if they come back to MDM from the remote sys) - then it makes sense to use the same maps / xsd etc for each port in MDM

and on the performance - i dont see an issue with multiple ports / and mulitple syndications in MDM

happens one at a time in any case !

hth

thanks

-Adrivit