Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Best Practice for setting systems up in SMSY

Good afternoon - I want to cleanup our SMSY information and I am looking for some best practice advice on this. We started with an ERP 6.0 dual-stack system. So I created a logical component Z_ECC under "SAP ERP" --> "SAP ECC Server" and I assigned all of my various instances (Dev, QA, Train, Prod) to this logical component. We then applied Enhancement Package 4 to these systems. I see under logical components there is an entry for "SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE". Now that we are on EhP4, should I create a different logical component for my ERP 6.0 EhP4 systems? I see in logical components under "SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE" there are entries for the different products that can be updated to EhP4, such as "ABAP Technology for ERP EHP4", "Central Applications", ... "Utilities/Waste&Recycl./Telco". If I am supposed to change the logical component to something based on EhP4, which should I choose?

The reason that this is important is that when I go to Maintenance Optimizer, I need to ensure that my version information is correct so that I am presented with all of the available patches for the parts that I have installed.

My Solution Manager system is 7.01 SPS 26. The ERP systems are ECC 6.0 EhP4 SPS 7.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Blair Towe

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question