Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Database to some users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I was trying to hide some databases from some users, I have SAP 8.8

my problem is that I have a DB Example, and I need that worker1 can see it but worker2 cant,

How can I do that in 8.8

Regars,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a big client with many DB and therefore is important to restict visualization of DB for users it was possible to do it in B1 2007 but in 8.8 emerge as an error. as it has been post here from pl 16 that should be fixed. but my client is in pl19.

we did all acrodngly to the sap note note 1376447 (https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/677884)

The client must not use local administrator to log on. therefore the client has used the alternative setup following the steps in the Administrator's Guide

Applicable Release:

SAP Business One 8.8

All Countries

English

September 2010

After follow the steps to solve this It came the error that when the licence manager is tried to be started "Could not start the SAP Business One Licence manager service on local computer Error 1053. the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

for this user we have also provide authorization th the whole folder SAP.

log on as a service was provided.

authorization to the sbo common DB

May you tell us which authorisation the Domain user needs to have on which folders to be able to run the Service without being a local admin on the machine?

Probably for you this could work using local adminstarot or providing priviligies to the user to log on as a service.

let me know if it worls for you.

Kind Regards

Mario Jheinner Vargas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

From memory we finished up giving the user running the license server domain admin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trusted connection is not related to terminal server but a way to get authorization from window user account. It is different from SQL connection.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you need a Domain?

and what roles do yo need to add to user

or how could you limit what DB to see, sorry I dont get how to do that, coud you please explain me ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Domain is mandatory for trusted connection.

Julie has pointed out to the right direction for you already.

former_member541807
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

make a user and assign license for him as well as authorizations. then the other users that you dont wat to see the DB u need to lock them if they already exist so that they cannot log on to the DB that you are trying to hide to them.

if other user even they can see the DB but they don't have authorization they cannot log into it.

best regards,

Fidel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

you mean LOG On screen or somewhere...

It cannot be done in Log on screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SAP 2007 you could create DB users , with this you could make a user that could see just the DB you wanted.

then I need in the page [select compay] that the DBhide can not be seen by some users,

ther is a note related to this, or some documentation ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have both database on one 1 server then it can't be possible,

alternate way is you can have two SQL Server, two SAP Server on different machine sharing a common license file, by this way you can hide database ....

or last option is to block certain user on certain database, I think this is best fit in your scenario .

Thanks

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Fidel is right,You can try this alternate way but its not possible to hide it from user's view

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are supposed to be able to do this post PL16ish by using the trusted connections configuration in the license manager.

If you set the license manager to run with trusted, then assign your windows users to specific databases, they should only be able to see the ones they are assigned to.

I did have this working for an 8.8 customer, but am having issues with an 8.81 customer & need to do some research on which user groups need what acces to what databases.

This is a key requriement for a number of our customers, so will let you know if I solve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jullie

I read waht you said but i dont know how to do that, i mean I have a WIndows Server but we do not use terminal server to connect to sap, I mean every user connect with their own computers, how could you use trusted connectios?

thanks in advance for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a very good SAP note that explains the process, do search the portal, I now have it working on my customer site