Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC debugger not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

My RFC is on APO side and and i have applied external break-point in RFC.

RFC is getting executed, but debugger is not working.

Can anybody guide me what could be the reason.

Before setting break-point in rfc function module, I have completed following steps-

1. Utilities--> Entered user of calling system

2.Clicked IP matching

3.Session break-point

Kindly guide what needs to be done.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you did everything correct. Make sure the user name that you have entered is the one that is executing the RFC. Most of the times, even if you are executing under your name this is usually executed by ALEREMOTE or whatever the RFC user.

So, check it out in SM50 while executing for the user name then change the user name to this one in Settings.

0 Kudos

Are you saying the RFC user name should be same as that of login name in SM59?

Would you please elaborate- "So, check it out in SM50 while executing for the user name then change the user name to this one in Settings."

Edited by: sanj_dell on May 24, 2011 7:49 PM

0 Kudos

Are you saying the RFC user name should be same as that of mine in SM59?

No. the user name that you are using in settings has to be the same as on which it is running. Most of the times, these kind of programs runs on RFC user names for example, BWREMOTE for BI and so on. So ask your basis what is the RFC user and use that instead of your user name in settings.

> Would you please elaborate- "So, check it out in SM50 while executing for the user name then change the user name to this one in Settings."

just to determine under which user the transaction is executed, open up the transaction sm50 in another session then run your RFC .... You will be able to see the user name under which your RFC is running.

Worst case, if the RFC is your own, i mean custom, and if you can modify it, just make and endless loop and go to SM50 to get into Debug mode from there.

But try the first one first.

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

I got the USER name for establishing RFC connection in background from SM59.

My query is shall I login sendingsystem with my ID

OR

Login sending system with RFC-user id obtain from SM59 and also maintain RFC- login ID in settings at receiving side?

Edited by: sanj_dell on May 24, 2011 9:16 PM

0 Kudos

It doesn't matter how you login. You better login with your user name but use the RFC user in settings and put a break point.

You won't be able to login with RFC user as that may not be a dialog user. Did you try the one i said, i mean use SM50 to determine under which user the RFC is running.

Also check the user type in SU01. you won't be able to debug if it is not a dialog user.

Edited by: Sampath Kumar on May 24, 2011 1:25 PM

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sanj_dell,

The settings "user" and "IP matching" are for HTTP only, not RFC.

The issue you have is probably only with the user you use for debug, which should be the same as the one configured in the RFC communication. On that point, I guess the detailed answers from Sampath are sufficient.

BR

Sandra