cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how to configure quality notification type with respct to plant.our scenario is during defect recording notification should be plantwise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Notification is created plant wise only if you give plant as input. One notification type can be commonly used by several plants. However have look on following options and check feasibility.

1. While creating notification there you find option to input plant. If you make this field mandatory you need to mention plant code every time. This will ensure you get plant wise notifications data. Follow this path for this. QCC0 > Quality notifications > Notification Creation > Notification types > Define screen templates > Double click on Field Selection: Reference Object Screens > here search field Plant for material VIQMEL-MAWERK. Make it mandatory by selecting Req radio button.

2. Create your own notification type through customization. Restrict its authorization to a particular plant so that users from other plants cannot use it any more.

But I think using common notification type for several plants is standard functionality and has many benefits like you can compare defects across all plants based on single notification type.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on May 25, 2011 11:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

if we create manual notification (QM01) then we can do mandatory plant.but in my scanarioo after genration of inspecion lots durinf defect recording we want createnotification.inthis system automaticaly pick notification.but here we want system pick notification wrt to plant.(e.g vendor defect notiication Z2 for plant 1000&Y2 for 1100)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thatu2019s correct.

1. In fact when you create quality notification through inspection lot, system automatically always captures plant code.

2. The reason is, any inspection lot always contains plant code.

3. What I would request here is, you please check the reports in QM10, QM15 by putting F2 or Z2 notification type. You will get plant wise and vendor wise data.

I beg your pardon, but whether you want to know how new notification type is customized or your query is whether notifications generated through lot are plant specific or not.

Regards,

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have different notification type for each plant for defect notifications if you want. But the only way to achieve this is to create a different inspection type for each plant. Then in the inspection type setup you define the notification type to be used for that inspection type.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ur correct,butin this case we are to change all material master dat for respective plant.can i do this use user exit | " QQMA0029"(|QM/PM/SM: Change Notification Type" or any other user exit durng defect recording we give loigic if plant is this and d notification type F2 it change to Z2.?

T&R

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I donu2019t think you can achieve this through user exit, as the notification type is assigned to inspection type in customizing.

2. Even though you create new notification type and assigning it to inspection type does not guarantee you that it would be precisely used for specific plant. Other plants can share them. These two are created at client level and each plant can share it unless you restrict it through roles and authorization.

My basis question is why you require new notification type plant wise when you can get plant wise reports with same notification type?

I doubt, you may lose few standard reporting benefits by this. You cannot compare which plant performed better as you will be dealing with different notification types. I would correlate this as creating new material code (for the same description) plant wise instead of extending which is certainly not recommended and not advisable.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether you can create Notification after defect recording plant wise ....its always Inspection type wise.