cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPu2019s content server (DMS) and EDMS with ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up SAPu2019s content server (DMS) and would really appreciate some insights as what version I should be installing.

We are currently running ECC 5.0 (640).

I am also interested in utilizing the Easy DMS functionality and would also really appreciate some insight on that as well (version etc).

Please advise?

Regards,

Iqbal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Iqbal,

unfortunately I'm not a Content Server expert. From DMS point of view I would recommend you to use always the latest Content Server patch level (see SAP note 514500). For the decision on the content server I would recommend you to contact your local consulting organisation which will support you in finding the right content server for your business requirements.

Regarding EasyDMS and the version you should use I can provide you the following suggestion. General there are currently three versions of EasyDMS which are 6.0, 7.0 and 7.1.

If you would like to run EasyDMS on Windows 7 PCs too, then you have to use version 7.1 because only this version supports Windows 7. Otherwise I would recommend you to run the latest patch level of verison 7.0

Further I can recommend you to read through the following notes which provide useful information on EasyDMS:

990018 - EasyDMS 6.0 Restriction Note

903827 - FAQ for Easy DMS 6.0

1273919 - SAP Easy Document Management 7.0 Restriction Note

1276709 - SAP Easy Document Management 7.0 FAQ Note

1467697 - SAP Easy Document Management 7.1 Restriction Note

1465763 - SAP Easy Document Management 7.1 FAQ Note

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Christoph...will do.