cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't save new comm channels after upgrade to PI 711

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been provided a recently upgraded PI system, 7.11 from 7.1.

After creating a new comm channel and adapter type, and trying to save, the following error is displayed:

"The chosen Adapter Engine has version 710 but the chosen Adapter Metadata has version 711. Use Adapter Metadata with the same or with a lower version as the Adapter Engine instead"

At the beginning I couldn't even see the File/RFC/Idoc/... adapter type of SWCV 7.11. I could only select the adapter types of SWCV 7.10. so I imported the ESR content for SWC SAP_BASIS 7.11. Now when selecting the adapter type I have both versions, 7.10 and 7.11.

I suspect some post upgrade operation was skipped, but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved. The PI system was pointing to a wrong SLD. In the local SLD (which was the right one), both stacks (java and abap) of the PI system were still being reported as 7.10. I run again rz70 for abap, and change the sld bridge connection in NWA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jorge,

I do have the same issue.

My PI 7.11 system is sending its data, RZ70 for ABAP and SLD_DATA_Supplier for JAVA - to our SAP Solution Manager.

SAP Solution Manager's SLD runs on SAP NetWeaver 7.01.

PI's SLD runs on SAP NetWeaver 7.11.

What do you mean by local SLD ?

Do you mean that my PI system must pointed to its own SLD, running on SAP NW 7.11 ?

Thanks

SAP NetWeaverAdmin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you could solve the problem by temporarily pointing to your local SLD, and then later changing to the real SLD you use, as it is now. At least it worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the adapter metadata version by going to the communication channel configuration -> right click on the "Choose Metadata" (next to the adapter type input help button).

The ESR content import is also described on the note below. Please check it to see if all required steps were carried out:

[Note 1152640 - SAP NetWeaver 7.1 including EHPs: Importing ESR content|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1wdCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1152640]