cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring of SM13 using BPM - use of *

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to monitor "update errors" using the Business Process Monitoring, monitoring type "update errors".

I wish to have an alert since the number of "V1 update errors" raises 1000. And i wish to do the same for "V2 update errors".

Unfortunately, i cannot as * is forbiden in "object type" and "object name".

So what's the solution ?

Thanks for your help

Frederic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Frederic,

your request is a system monitoring request and not really a BPMon request. As BPMon is designed to monitor specific steps of a business process it doesn't make sense to use a wildcard for the object. A certain business process step like "Create Sales Orders" is only executed via certain transaction like VA01. So it would n't make sense to monitor also MM or PP transactions for the same process step. For this reason wildcards are not allowed.

For your system monitoring problem you either use the normal CCMS monitor for Update Errors which counts all update errors in one system (and you can include the CCMS MTE in BPMon via the CCMS monitoring object) or you decide to use the BPMon Update error monitor for selected important transactions only.

Anyhow you should first do a systematic error analysis with transaction SM13 why you encounter so many update errors at all and solve the root cause. 1000 Update errors is a very high/bad value even if you had a large system.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In the same topic, i wish to monitor the update errors with creation date greater than x hours.

Unfortunately, i cannot find a way to implement this monitoring.

I though to monitor the entries of VBERROR table, but there is no field regarding the creation date in this table.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks

Frederic