Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report doesn't get executed in Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got a report which works fine in foreground but it takes lot of time while running in background.

The program calls a screen '1000' while displaying output.

The program while running in background keeps toggling between PAI and PBO.

While running the same program in foreground the report displays an output once it completes PAI.

Please let me know has anyone tried to display a module program output in background ?

What is the possible solution to remove this error.

Please help.

Thanks in advance for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

>

> I got a report which works fine in foreground but it takes lot of time while running in background.

> The program calls a screen '1000' while displaying output.

> The program while running in background keeps toggling between PAI and PBO.

> While running the same program in foreground the report displays an output once it completes PAI.

>

> Please let me know has anyone tried to display a module program output in background ?

> What is the possible solution to remove this error.

>

> Please help.

>

> Thanks in advance for your support.

It is module pool program and you have a custom screen which you are calling then the program wont run in the background. in the background, there is no connection to SAPGUI so this wont run.

if you can code it in ALV then you better code it in ALV to run in foreground and background. There are blogs for ALV.

good luck

2 REPLIES 2

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

>

> I got a report which works fine in foreground but it takes lot of time while running in background.

> The program calls a screen '1000' while displaying output.

> The program while running in background keeps toggling between PAI and PBO.

> While running the same program in foreground the report displays an output once it completes PAI.

>

> Please let me know has anyone tried to display a module program output in background ?

> What is the possible solution to remove this error.

>

> Please help.

>

> Thanks in advance for your support.

It is module pool program and you have a custom screen which you are calling then the program wont run in the background. in the background, there is no connection to SAPGUI so this wont run.

if you can code it in ALV then you better code it in ALV to run in foreground and background. There are blogs for ALV.

good luck

0 Kudos

Thanks.