Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If any user opnes the email (SAP inbox), other users loosing this email!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

3 users (stored thier IDs in a custom config table) are receiving emails into their SAP inboxes, if outbound IDOC got fails!

But, for example if user_1 opens it, then this email is disappearing (deleting automatically) from the other 2 users's SAP inboxes!

Normally, in standard SAP, if the user_1 opened it and at the same time, if user_2 want to open it again, then system will tell him that already user_1 has opened this email!

In our case, IDOC, message type are custom developed, automatically, this email is got deleted from user_2 and user_3 SAP inobxes as soon as user_1 once opens it!

Pls. let me know the issue and how to fix it. My code is as below,

* Build Workflow element
      s_input_container-element = '_WI_OBJECT_ID' .
      s_input_container-value   = idoc_number.
      APPEND s_input_container TO itab_input_container.

* Build Email body
      s_swr_messag-msg_type = 'E'.
      s_swr_messag-line = 'IDOC failed!.
      APPEND s_swr_messag TO itab_swr_messag.

CALL FUNCTION 'SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW'
        EXPORTING
          task               = 'TS00007989'
          language       = sy-langu
          user               = sy-uname
          start_asynchronous = 'X'
        IMPORTING
          return_code        = v_sy_subrc
        TABLES
          input_container     = itab_input_container
          message_lines      = itab_swr_messag

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually, one takes the ownership of workitem then the item will be cleared out from others inbox. Not quite sure about emails but i guess, it is pretty much same as workflow workitem.

I am not sure about it but there is no fix for it. User who opened it can replace the workitem. That way this will be replaced on other users.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

This is the Standard. Usually if 3 Approvers are there., those 3 will get the Work Item., then when the first Approver takes a decision then the work item has to be cleared in others inbox. else 2nd Approver may take another decision and so on.,

So you better change the flow as per your requirement.

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards

Kiran

0 Kudos

Thank you

So you better change the flow as per your requirement. 

Pls. how to change my flow? Wht i have to do in the code or make changes in passing params to this FM?

Thank you

0 Kudos

It is a standard workitem to handle EDI/IDoc errors and i dont think you have too many options here than ask others to replace if they cannot handle the errors.

This is intended to send it to multiple users in the organization (depending org.structure) and if one user takes ownership of the error then it is the user responsibility to process the error or replace it by clicking the icon Replace on the inbox.

any other thoughts ?

0 Kudos

>

> Pls. how to change my flow? Wht i have to do in the code or make changes in passing params to this FM?

>

> Thank you

Hi there is no such parameter to pass to FM to keep the Work Item in Others Inbox also. I said flow means., If any Approver opens the WorkItem then automatically it will get deteted from others inbox., so After any decision of one Approver You just send mail to the remaining Approvers with Details.

@Sampath: Yes Sampath you are rite..

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

Can it be done in this way???

If we have 3 users to whom the mail has be sent, then we first trigger the mail to one user and with a wait step if he is not responding with in X min/hour then it will send the mail to other user and send a mail to the first user regading this pass of ownership. I think as per the original post we can not change the standard.

0 Kudos

Just curious to know this... How is this different from sending it to everyone.... Anyways, if first user takes ownership (lnstead of waiting), the second and third users work item has deleted automatically (why do we need to wait and send which is same.. ) ?

You might have better idea. appreciate if you can share that.