Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Auto generated datetime parameters and poor user interface

Has anyone resolved this problem.

My report is calling a stored procedure which has startdate and enddate

datetime parameters. These parameters are passed into the stored procedure as the result set from the stored procedure - a union of select statements would be far too large to return to crystal without filtering by where clauses on the server side.

The problem is the auto generated calendar prompts when the user runs the report have the time component. A user defined datetime parameter would allow change to a date but this auto generated parameter does not.

If I specify the stored procedure parameters as dates then the auto generated parameter is set as a string with no calendar prompt and again this parameter cannot be edited /changed to a date.

Also .. the Set to Null check box appears underneath the Calendar prompts - something I do not want either.

I can remove the time portion from the passed parameters within the stored procedure but the user interface looks poor as there is the time portion which is not used.

I can ask the user to not check the Set to Null or take care of it in the stored procedure but again the user interface is poor as I do not want the Set To Null to show at all.

Thanks for any help -

I look forward to any positive news

Kind Regards

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question