BPC vs BFC
Can someone explain me the difference of this two tool?
Thibaud MAHMOUDI replied
Just to give you a bit of context, BO FC is used by 80% of the "CAC 40", which are the 40 biggest firms of the French Stock Exchange. This product is THE consolidation application in France for major groups. It exists for longtime (maybe for 10 or 15 years), is thus very stable, and has benefited from many evolutions.
On my side, I am originally expert on EC-CS and SEM-BCS, and now BPC. So, I don't know in detail BO FC, but I did a few projects where I replaced BO FC by SEM-BCS. Based on my customer's feedback, BO FC is a very flexible tool in terms of Business rules. It supports almost all consolidation scenarios. It is also very user friendly, and follows the way accountants / consolidators "think". Actually, this product was initially developped by accountants, in an internal project.
To answer precisely to your question, here is an extract of SAP presentation about the differences btw BO FC and BPC :
"In certain customer scenarios u201Cextendedu201D consolidation requirements may, however, be required. Where such extended capabilities may be required, SAP BusinessObjects Financial Consolidation may be the more appropriate fit.
+Example of when u201Cextendedu201D consolidation requirements might be required u2026
Highly decentralized, heterogeneous financial reporting environment must be managed:
- Large number of geographically dispersed people involved in the data preparation and submission process
- Unique regional requirements may exist
- Multiple heterogeneous source systems exist
- Submission methods are highly variable by entity/region
- Significant transformation and normalization of data is required
- Limited ability exists to validate data at source requiring significant data validation within the consolidation application, prior to
release of data for consolidation processing+