cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie guys,

We have some functional Errors coming to user 's workflow nbox.

We dont want it. now we have loads of them.

Can anyone please help me letting me know...

1. How to identify all the users who has pending Error workflows in their inbox?

2. how to delete them from the users inbox massively? and

3. how to avoid the messages in the future from coming?

thanks a lot !

Marry.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. How to identify all the users who has pending Error workflows in their inbox?

You can use the transaction SWI2_DIAG to indentify the workitem which are in error status.

2. how to delete them from the users inbox massively?

Write a report with multiple input option to call the below FM to delete the workitems

SWW_WI_ADMIN_CANCEL

3. how to avoid the messages in the future from coming?

Find the root cause .. how this agents are determined by the workflow... remove the agents from there..

or you can deactivate the event linkage of the worklfow.

Thanks and regards,

SNJY

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"how to delete them from the users inbox massively"

I assume from this that you have no need for these workflows, you just want them gone.

If so, find them in SWI2_DIAG, go into the workflow log and logically delete them at the top level.

If you want to do it with a program, check if there is anything useful amongst the SAP_WAPI* functions.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Eddie_Morris
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marry,

If the work items were created in error and are showing in all users inboxes then take a look at Knowledge Based Article 1504215.

Instead of deleting work items it may be possible to change the agent assignment so that they are going to the correct users and not overloading other users inboxes. The KBA gives more detail.

Regards,

Eddie

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marry !

You can also use SWI2_DIAG transaction to find work items that contains errors.

Hope you wanted to delete the work items from users inbox.Don't delete the work items.Logically delete them.

We cannot anticipate about futute.By exercising workflow administration as daily routine, appropriate actions can be initiated if things doesn't behaviour as expected.

Regards,

S.Suresh

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you know the workflow template ID i;e WSXXXXXXXX then from SWI1 transaction by specifying the status as ERROR and task as Workflow tempalte ID, you can find all the workitems irrespective of user.

If you are very keen to know about a specific user then by making use of SAP_WAPI_CREATE_WORKLIST function module you can know a specific user's inbox items from then you filter the error workitems.

2. how to delete them from the users inbox massively? and

I would recommend instead of deleting first try to identify why the error occured it could be beacuse of agent detemination failed, or it could be something where the necessary container element is not getting filled in the workflow or task container.

if you can find the reason then by making use of SWPR txn you can restart workflows you can analyze from SWI2_DIAG txn too.

Regards

Pavan