Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Maintain Runtime Environment - Configure RFC Destination

Hello,

When i first started working with workflow, i entered SWU3 and tried to configure it. My problem was with the configure of the RFC destination. I read on the Internet that I should enter the WF-BATCH as Background User and its password. I done that but it gave me an error. So i entered my user and my password.

The configure went "green" and I thought it is going to work. I made some tests, create some workflows and entered my user as the agent of the workflow. It worked. When i tried to send to another user a work item, I had to configure SWU3 on his user. I entered my user as the background user in the Configure RFC Destination and the configure went green. I managed to send him a work item, so i thought it is ok.

After that i exit from SAP for a couple of minutes. Then, i entered again and i was prompted to change my password. I think this is strange. I changed my password and i tried again to send a workitem to the user i previously configured. Surprise, the user had the Configure RFC Destination red, and i had to change again the password with my new one. Again, the configure went green and the work items reached the destination. But again i exit from SAP, and afterwards i was prompted again to change my password.

And so on. I know that the standard procedure is to to enter WF-BATCH as the background user. I tried that. I selected Configure RFC Destination and then i click Automatic Workflow Customizing. Then i selected yes, so that the password will be syncronized. But after that I received the message that the syncronization of passwords has failed.

So i thought it will work if i enter my user as the background user. But as you can see, it gives me huge headaches.

Thank you very much,

Efren

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question