cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define search string to update the encashment date in check register

0 Kudos

HI experts,

I have an issue with the check . the check encashment date is not getting updated . we are using electronic bank statement and the bank statement files are MT940 format . the EBS is working fine but in case of check payment we receive a 12 digit check number i.e ( 000000001618) in the MT940 files where as in the SAP system we have maintained check lot with a 10 digit number i.e ( 0000001618) i have already defined the interpretation algorithm and the search string but the search string only works when i change the sap system check lot to 12 digits as per the MT940 files. How can i define a search string to clear the 12 digits check number in MT940 with the 10 digit in system so that it get cleared and the check encashment date get updated in check information .

could anyone help me .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try keeping the 1st two digits of search string as b;ank. i.e. ############ (12 digits) mapped to __##########. I used underscore to denote balnk space. Using this when you recevie say 000000001618 (12 digits), it will be mapped to 0000001618 (10 digits). Then your interpretation algo will use this 10 digit number.

Thanks

Nikhil