cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip currency translation for certain data source members

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got percentage data againist some data source members which I do want to translate when the currency translation is executed. Is there a way to achieve this? The business rules for currency translations only have account and flow dimensions and does not include data source dimension so I am not able to filter out datasource dimension members in currency translation business rules.

Any suggestion how it may be possible to filter data source member during currency translation execution?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can use the *XDIM_MEMBERSET with the DATASRC dimension to limit what data gets translated (7.0 M SP9)

Please see [Note 1522149|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1522149] - XDIM_MEMBERSET can be used with DataSrc in Business Rule

Also, the IS_CONVERTED property in the DataSrc dimension can also be used:

The IS_CONVERTED property

The members of the DATASRC dimension will be processed according to the value of the property IS_CONVERTED, as per the following rules:

IS_CONVERTED = N: These members are ignored in the conversion

IS_CONVERTED = Y: These members are converted from LC into the desired currency

IS_CONVERTED = G (group): These members are copied from the reporting currency of the GROUP being translated into the currency member corresponding to the given group.

This obviously only applies if the translation is run for a GROUP and not for a reporting currency.

All members of the DATASRC dimension having the property IS_CONVERTED not set to u2018Yu2019 will be skipped.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John. The property is what I need. Thanks for help.

Answers (0)