Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPBWOpenURL - passing 2 parameters in URL but only one being used in query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here's my scenario:

1. am running a bEX bw template as an iview from portal.

2. a portal event causes 2 parameters to be passed to the BW template e.g. material and plant.

3. I pick these 2 parameters up using javascript and construct the URL which i call using SAPBWOpenURL(d_url).

My problem is that it would appear that only one parameter is being used by the query. So say i have plant 1011 and material 900322. It's bringing back the plant alright, but it's bringing back all materials for that plant, instead of just the material being passed.

I have tested the query independently of portal and it works fine when i input the plant number and material, so I would assume that the query is fine, it's the way I'm constructing the URL??

Can anyone see anything wrong with this:

function myEventReceiver( eventObj ){

var darray = eventObj.dataObject .split(",");

var url = location.protocol "//"location.host+SAP_BW_URL_Get();

url = url + "&data_provider=DATAPROVIDER_1&FILTER_IOBJNM=0MATERIAL&FILTER_VALUE=" + darray[0] +"&filter_collapse=" + "&FILTER_IOBJNM=0PLANT&FILTER_VALUE=" + darray[1] + "&filter_collapse=";

SAPBWOpenURL(url);

}

Any guidance would be most welcome as i'm under pressure to get this issue resolved and have no idea what to try next.

Thanks in advance,

Liz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to be '_1' after FILTER_IOBJNM and FILTER_VALUE and continue sequentially:

url = url + "&data_provider=DATAPROVIDER_1&FILTER_IOBJNM_1=0MATERIAL&FILTER_VALUE_1=" + darray[0] +"&filter_collapse=" + "&FILTER_IOBJNM_2=0PLANT&FILTER_VALUE_2=" + darray[1] + "&filter_collapse=";

SAPBWOpenURL(url);