Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

WAD: Problems when exporting to PDF with embedded .swf

I'm using Web Application Designer (WAD) 7 and have created a template with an "Export to PDF" button and an embedded .swf flash file which is an Xcelsius dashboard.

What i'm trying to do is show the information I want on my dashboard and then export that to a PDF to email out to multiple users who would be interested in the data each month. If exporting to PDF isn't the best route to get a snapshot of this dashboard out to other users and there's an easier way please let me know, but here are the issues i'm having:

1) When I have the dashboard showing the information I want and click the "Export to PDF" button, the dashboard reloads as the PDF settings window pops up and gets reset back to it's initial state.

2) If I ignore problem #1 and click on 'OK' in the Export dialog anyway after selecting PDF settings, my Adobe Reader pops up but then shows a message saying "The file cannot be opened because it has no pages". Basically it doesn't see the .swf as being a component to take a snapshot of and print on a PDF. I did try adding a text component just so there was something on the template and I then get a PDF with that text component showing and no .swf snapshot.

Has anyone come up with a workaround for this? I've tried using the BEx Broadcaster with the 'Send' option but get the same results in regards to the blank page.

Thanks as always for the help!

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question