cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing alignment while export to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Crystal Reports XI, I am loosing alignment once crystal Reports is exported into PDF file.

How to retain alignment, please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,

Manjunath Jogin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to edit the registry settings and added the below keys;

Note:-Before you do any modifications in the registry, please take a backup of the registry.

-Create a new key under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports' called 'Export'

-Create a new key under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Export' called 'PDF'

-Create a new Dword value called 'UsePrecisePositioningForText' under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF'

-Set the value to 1.

-Create a new Dword value called 'TruncationAdjustment' under 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Repor ts\Export\PDF'

-Set the value to 10.

TruncationAdjustment is DWORD between 0 and 10. It's a 'fudge factor' that adjusts rounding when the total widths of characters are calculated.

Default is 5. Larger values add safety from truncation.

After modifying the registry and relaunching the CR designer, the exported report.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalithkishore,

Thanks for your information.

I would like to ask you more information as below

1. What is registry?

2. Where I can find the registry?

3. Create a new Dword value called 'TruncationAdjustment' - this pharase is from your suggestion.

Here do I need to create folder or something else?

4. Set the value to 10- - this phrase is from your suggestion.

How to set 10 value?

Please let me know with detail information.

Thanks and Regards,

Manjunath Jogin

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I said, Registry, I mean Windows Registry.

The Windows Registry is a hierarchical database that stores configuration settings and options on Microsoft Windows operating systems

You can google about the Windows registry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Registry

The above links helps you to understand Key, Value, Hierarchies etc related to Windows Registry.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalithakishore,

Ok. I will follow as you said. I have following doubts.

1. Why we should do like this (creating folders and assigning value in registry)?

How it will resolve PDF alignment problem?

2. I heard that loosing alignment in PDF file is related Crystal Reports version and PDF version mismatching. Is it true?

3. If it is also related to Crystal Reports and PDF version mismatch, please let me know for Crystal Reports XI R2 which version PDF we could install in development machine and production server machine.

Please let me know

Thanks and Regards,

Manjunath N. Jogin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please could anyone reply to my queries?

Thanks and Regards,

Manjunath Jogin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please could anyone reply to my queries?

Thanks and Regards,

Manjunath Jogin