cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill through config - what if there is no screen field name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to config drill through from BPC report to ECC t-code.

As per the How to Config Drill thru functionality Doc, in Drill thru config under parameters mapping > URL parameters should be configured with "Screen Field" of the source report in ECC.

In my case i have to refer to a t-code which has certain fields like year,period from, Period to. but dont know why these fields have Screen Field as blank.

So with out maintaining the Screen Field for the above fields which are mandatory for the report, when i run the drill thru the screen shows prompting the user to enter values. Thus, the whole purpose of seemless drill thru from BPC report to ECC report is lost.

My question is what to do in such situations? what if the fields have "Screen Field" as blank?

Is that a limitation? any workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What is the transaction code?

Cheers,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

the t-code is S_PL0_86000030.

Regards.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi. These fields under report selection are defined a little differently, hence no value for screen field name. I went into the screen definition itself in screen painter, and found that these fields do have specific screen field names. I have listed them below.

Field          Screen Field Name
Ledger                 PAR_03
Fiscal Year          PAR_06
From Period         PAR_01
To Period             PAR_02

You can use these screen field names in your drill through configuration. Again, all I did was go into the screen definition, and view the layout in screen painter, and clicked on the fields in question, which then gave me the name of the field in the screen.

I tested with these screen field names and it worked fine. Here is my URL.

http://host:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-language=EN&sap-client=800&;transaction=S_PL0_86000030&PAR_06=2008&OKCODE=ONLI

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

You deserve 10 Rich.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a situation where I want to pass on multiple values (ex: Country A is made up of multiple company codes 1000, 1010, 1020).

I added these 3 values in member property maintenance for the node Country A under a propety I created called ECC_CC.

In the URL for DT I have ECC screeen field name BURKS_LOW=?

When I test this DT, I go the transaction screen (eg: K5EZ) and the company code is filled with 1000 and does not recognize other values.

Did anybody expoerience this situaton? What needs to be done to enable multiple selections insteaf of single selections as it is doign now?

Thanks in advance

Raj