cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redwood Cronacle - Sending report output automatically to a printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are about sending print jobs directly from a Croancle script, is there any command, or redwood shell or script available in Redwood Cronacle?

Please help me with detail information.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi I hope you can help me, I need a report to show me if a job had a reprocess Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one have idea or any redwood script or command available please let me know.

Basically we are about to setup printer in Cronacle and send SAP Print jobs through cronacle and finally need to get output from Cronacle printer.

Redwood has SPOOL command to do this, but I am not sure this will solve our problem.

any clue please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through redwood document and I felt there was Publishing, Define destination and Submission information for printing. I donn't have much idea about this. If any one have idea on this please explain me with steps.

Regards

Srinivs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

You've found the right bit in the documentation, on Publishing, Destinations etc.

The answer depends a bit on wether you use the basic version of SAP Central Job Scheduling by Redwood (SCJSbR) that comes with SAP NetWeaver or the full version of SCJSbR (aka. Redwood Cronacle)

Assuming the full version, then you need to go through the following steps:

1. create a script to print a file using the print command that you need for your system (for Unix, for instance lp), let's call the script SCR_PRINT_FILE

This script will at least need a parameter for the file to print, let's call that parameter P_FILE. On the properties of this parameter, set it to "Special parameter" and on the special parameter type, choose "parent_outfile"

2. create a "destination" using this script (this is done under Configuration, Output Management). Let's call this destination DES_PRINT_FILE.

Add the format GENERIC to the destination, and specify the script created before to be used for this format.

3. assuming the job output that you want to print is generated in a script call in a job chain, you can now modify that job chain and add the destination DES_PRINT_FILE to the script call that you want to print the output of. If you drill down to the script call level in the tree on the left hand side of the job chain edit window you'll find a leaf for destinations underneath the script call.

Then if you run the chain, the output should be printed.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

Anton Goselink

Redwood Software