cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on modifiers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I would like to know the difference between Valuation modifier and Account modifier.

I had gone thro' the posts related to this and got confused. Some say both are same and some say both are not same.

2. I also see a word "General modification" in OBYC. Please explain about this also as there is no documentation available when I tried with F1.

Please be kind enough to elaborate with an example for both.

Thanks experts...

Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Valuation Grouping Code( is known as Valuation Modifier) is used for grouping of all Valuation Area( for example: plant/plants)

Account Grouping Code (is known as Account Modifier & also known as General Modification) is three character code which is use to break account determination down by movement type.

For more check the links:

http://sapdup.peteandmegan.com/?p=19

http://www.uab.edu/adminsystems/documentation/finance/gl/doc_gl_account_structure.pdf

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

But, the link sapudp...has some issue like virus threat and I am unable to open that from office as well as from home.

The other link is exhaustive and too much for a MM person and seems is useful for FI personnel.

Can you please provide examples to enable me understand the difference between valuation modifier and Account modifier...?

Thanks in advance,

Siva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Gone thro' sapstudymaterials.com web site and my doubts are clarified related to modifiers.

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Valuation Modifier is nothing but the valuation grouping code. in standard Automatic Accnt Determination 0001 is the Valuation Grouping code used.

General Modofier and the account modifier are same. these are only maintained for three Transaction/Event Key,

1. GBB (Offsetting Entry for Inventory Posting)

2. KON (Consignment)

3. PRD (Price Diference)

anything else required.

Regards,

Yawar Khan