cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channels of business systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create a new channel which belongs to a business system, I can create this channel with party = blank or party = *

Why? Is there any difference?

Thanks,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u give party = blank, it will not consider any party and will use the business system u assign.

if u give party = *, it will fetch details of particular party and u will need to assign a business system assigned to this particular party.

regards,

ridhima

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Ridhima

I would like to understand all details of it. On a SAP PI system I have a "standard" business system (without party). I can create twice just exactly the same IDoc receiver channel at it:

- One channel with party = blank

- One channel with party = *

So what will be the difference between those two channels?

What dou you mean with "it will not consider any party"? What is "it"?

Thanks,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chris,

basically, if u give party = Blank, the business system will not be assigned to any party and will create a communication channel.

if u give party = *, system will take * and create a different communication channel for you.

so you will have two communication channels,

*|bs_ecc|cc_name

|bs_ecc|cc_name

it will be different in case of B2B scenarios, for example client have 3 different parties A, B & C each with same Business system name - bs_ecc.

now at your end if u have configured *|bs_ecc system will accept it but if you have created |bs_ecc it will throw an error.

hope i made myself clear and answered your question, please do revert for any clarifications

regards

ridhima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks but this was not the question

Example: I want to create an IDoc receiver channel for a SAP ECC business system. When I create this channel, I can leave the party empty or I can put a * there.

Thanks,

Christoph

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

You can leave it empty .

Regards,

Naveen.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> I want to create an IDoc receiver channel for a SAP ECC business system. When I create this channel, I can leave the party empty or I can put a * there.

You dont need to specify anything in party. Just specify communication component in your case abap business system for ECC.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Using a communication party, you generally address a company within a business-to-business process.

You can go throught he below link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ced1df18d3424be10000000a421937/content.htm