cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I did system refresh 15 days ago in a dual stack with RHEL 5.3 and oracle as DB. I did the abap part using db-restore method and missed the java part, now my j2ee is down, when I see though configtool or visual admin I can see the production servers not the quality. We use java just for printing thru ADS.

Please advice how can I resolve this issue? Should I take export of Java and do the import for java only, If i do that would the system be consistent.

Regards,

Mridul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Dual stack system, backup/restore is not recommended.

Since you have already done that, so, now go to config tool and change ip address and hostname at all places which reference to your production system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more option you can consider.

1) Try to Export the Production CI Instance from sapinst which will export the Java stack and import it back in to refrshed system .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Where all changes is required, there are hundreds of places where hostname and IP is maintained. Please suggest.

Regards,

Mridul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mridul,

You can just export the Java part and import it.

You need to logon to Visual admin and change the hostname.

But in Visual config tool you can search the hostname of the soruce system and go on editing easily.

Regards

Vivek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I managed to bring my java up by editing configuration of configtool, managing the hostname, instance no and sid everywhr.

Thanks for ur suggestions.

Regards,

Mridul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mridul,

The Best way is take export of ABAP & JAVA using Export Method again.

Thanks

Kiran.GVL

Former Member
0 Kudos

did system refresh 15 days ago in a dual stack with RHEL 5.3 and oracle as DB. I did the abap part using db-restore method and missed the java part, now my j2ee is down, when I see though configtool or visual admin I can see the production servers not the quality. We use java just for printing thru ADS.

Please advice how can I resolve this issue? Should I take export of Java and do the import for java only, If i do that would the system be consistent.

Hi,

Taking the jave export and importing would not affect the system. As an alternative you can install a separate java instance and use the ADS service that comes along.

Regards

Praveen