Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to csv different than export to Excel

former_member283700
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're using BO XI r3. We've had a user report a problem when, in Infoview, they click document- save to my computer as csv. This results in duplicates.

Exporting via save report to my computer as = Excel does not. However, the csv export includes the drilling criteria in the left hand columns, the excel does not.

I'm at a loss to understand why exporting to excel seems to deliver what you see on the screen, whereas exporting to a .csv returns a more detailed list, with duplicates, with drilling attributes.

The user would like the .csv export (as it includes the drilling attributes) but without the duplicates.

I can't see how to do this but to design a new report with drilling credentials in columns, then export to excel.

How can I see what export to csv is doing?

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Eddie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member283700
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the useful posts on this!

former_member283700
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I've just seen this on another post:

"That the default behavior when you export to csv from Web Intelligence. What you actualy get is a flat file of the data cube created from the query(s). "

Ummm, need to understand exactly what that means.

Eddie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eddie,

Save as CSV is indeed not intended at saving report content, it saves all the rows fetched from the dataproviders (queries) which we are calling cube.

This is the reason why 'save as CSV' does not yield the same output as 'save as Excel' (while command names are similar, which they should not in fact), and does not bring the report contents.

Hope that helps,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That basically means it's a dump of the datacube. That's an old Deski option where you could export a data provider's raw data out.

There's a way round it, though

1/ Create a blank report

2/ Insert a table and delete the header.

3/ In the table cell, insert an object that is a comma-separated concatenation of the objects you want in your csv.

4/ Save that report tab as a text file

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you been able to replicate their issue?