Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Making Vendor Classification characteristics mandatory

We have a vendor classification class and a characteristic. We have defined this characteristic as mandatory in transaction CT04. However when I create or change a vendor (transaction XK01/XK02) and go into classification I am still able to save the document without filling in reqired fields. I do get a popup saying that I haven't filled out the required field, but if I just press OK I'm still allowed to save even if some of the classifications mandatory characteristics are blank.

We really want users to be forced to fill in all required characteristics. Is there a way of doing this? There is a SAP Note - 661368 - BAdI for required entry field check in the classification. Even by making the fields mandatory in the BADI, we are able to go back to the prev screen.

I also tried implementing a user exit - EXIT_SAPLCLFM_002 (include ZXCLFU02). The pop up works, but we land up with some other issues like additional tabs coming on the screen or the SAP pop up coming up (resulting in 2 pop ups). So I am thinking is this may not be our solution.

Hope that you can give valuable responses to my issue above.

Thanks! Liz

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question