cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Vendor Classification characteristics mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have a vendor classification class and a characteristic. We have defined this characteristic as mandatory in transaction CT04. However when I create or change a vendor (transaction XK01/XK02) and go into classification I am still able to save the document without filling in reqired fields. I do get a popup saying that I haven't filled out the required field, but if I just press OK I'm still allowed to save even if some of the classifications mandatory characteristics are blank.

We really want users to be forced to fill in all required characteristics. Is there a way of doing this? There is a SAP Note - 661368 - BAdI for required entry field check in the classification. Even by making the fields mandatory in the BADI, we are able to go back to the prev screen.

I also tried implementing a user exit - EXIT_SAPLCLFM_002 (include ZXCLFU02). The pop up works, but we land up with some other issues like additional tabs coming on the screen or the SAP pop up coming up (resulting in 2 pop ups). So I am thinking is this may not be our solution.

Hope that you can give valuable responses to my issue above.

Thanks! Liz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sandrahauptmann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the standard system you are always allowed to save the classification

even if it is uncomplete, you receive the warning message about the

required characters and if you save anyway, instead of preventing the

save it will change the status of the classification from '1' (Released)

to '3' (Incomplete). This is standard as the user should be allowed to

save the classification when incomplete and then come back later to

complete it at a more suitable time.

There is a userexit which you can use to change this functionality,

please review note 337262 which explains how to use this userexit

to prevent the save of incomplete classification.

Best regards,

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What is the transaction to amend the classification parameter entries? I am unable to change using xk02

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do not use old threads to post your issue, you can create new thread and use link to threds you are refering too.

To make characteristic mandatory , Try CT04, on basic data tab select entry required check mark. Hope it will work for you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (0)