Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM Content Export/Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Version 7.00 SP16

I need to transport KM resources with their GUIDs from our DEV to QA manually but i'm having trouble with the Pending Imports iView "Content Administration/KM Content/Import/Pending Imports" in our QA system.

At first i did not have the pending imports layoutset, it was showing me the folder in consumerexplorer "I still don't why because both Dev/QA have the same versions/setup". I was missing some KM config for the com.sap.netweaver.kmc.expimp File System Repository Manager and the ExpImp* Flex UI components. I transported the missing objects from Dev to QA and restarted the system.

I now have the Pending Imports iView but after i upload a .kmc transport package successfully and go the pending imports iView, i don't see any entry. if i try to re-upload the package, it tells me that one already exist with that ID, If i browse to /com.sap.netweaver.kmc.expimp/expimp/import/pending i can see the transport package in question but the folder /~system/expimp/import/pending which the Pending Imports iView points to is empty.

The transport package is in .kmc and not zip formats. I can transport via ICE and WebDav but both methods do not transport the GUIDs which is what i need.

I'm running out of ideas and don't know why it's not working. Hopefully someone here has the solution.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, MonkD.

Such an issue could be caused by absence of free space in the mount where uploaded packages are stored.

You need either to add some free space to the mount or delete old files.

Here's a thread with the solution: http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1699777 , scroll it down to the last post.

Regards, Mikhail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mikhail,

Thanks for the response.

It looks like we still have enough space available in the mount. Space available is more than 10GB, transport package 5MB.

I looked at the default trace and i get an exception during the import but there is not much information from what i can see.

Could not update pending imports

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.netweaver.kmc.expimp.TransportException

at com.sap.netweaver.kmc.expimp.ExportImportService.updatePendingImports(ExportImportService.java:393)

at com.sapportals.wcm.rendering.layout.cm.PendingImportLayoutController.<init>(PendingImportLayoutController.java:39)

at com.sapportals.wcm.rendering.layout.cm.PendingImportLayoutController.getNewInstance(PendingImportLayoutController.java:47)

at com.sapportals.wcm.rendering.layout.LayoutControllerFactory.getLC(LayoutControllerFactory.java:224)

at com.sapportals.wcm.rendering.layout.LayoutControllerFactory.getLayoutController(LayoutControllerFactory.java:164)

at com.sapportals.wcm.rendering.control.cm.WdfProxy.createLayoutController(WdfProxy.java:2234)

at com.sapportals.wcm.rendering.control.cm.WdfProxy.prepareNestedControls(WdfProxy.java:1473)

at com.sapportals.wcm.rendering.control.cm.WdfProxy.createNestedControls(WdfProxy.java:1343)

at com.sapportals.wdf.stack.Control.create(Control.java:291)

at com.sapportals.wcm.rendering.control.cm.WdfProxy.create(WdfProxy.java:1416)

at com.sapportals.wdf.stack.Pane.createControls(Pane.java:464)

at com.sapportals.wdf.stack.PaneStack.createControls(PaneStack.java:485)

at com.sapportals.wdf.stack.Pane.createControls(Pane.java:458)

at com.sapportals.wdf.WdfCompositeController.doInitialization(WdfCompositeController.java:269)

at com.sapportals.wdf.WdfCompositeController.buildComposition(WdfCompositeController.java:660)

at com.sapportals.htmlb.AbstractCompositeComponent.preRender(AbstractCompositeComponent.java:33)

at com.sapportals.htmlb.Container.preRender(Container.java:120)

at com.sapportals.portal.htmlb.PrtContext.render(PrtContext.java:406)

at com.sapportals.htmlb.page.DynPage.doOutput(DynPage.java:237)

at com.sapportals.wcm.portal.component.base.KMControllerDynPage.doOutput(KMControllerDynPage.java:134)

at com.sapportals.htmlb.page.PageProcessor.handleRequest(PageProcessor.java:129)

at com.sapportals.portal.htmlb.page.PageProcessorComponent.doContent(PageProcessorComponent.java:134)

at com.sapportals.wcm.portal.component.base.ControllerComponent.doContent(ControllerComponent.java:77)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.serviceDeprecated(AbstractPortalComponent.java:209)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.service(AbstractPortalComponent.java:114)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:328)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:189)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentResponse.include(PortalComponentResponse.java:215)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.pom.PortalNode.service(PortalNode.java:645)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:328)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:189)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.runRequestCycle(PortalRequestManager.java:753)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection.handleRequest(ServletConnection.java:240)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$doService.run(Dispatcher.java:524)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.service(Dispatcher.java:407)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:156)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:386)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:1039)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)

Edited by: MonkD on May 24, 2011 5:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a workaround try to put the .kmc file manually in the folder /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/config/cm/expimp/import_work

and then open the "Pending imports" iView again.

If it still doesn't show the package that means that something wrong is with the com.sap.netweaver.kmc.expimp compoment.

As I see from the DefaultTrace log, the problem is caused while rendering PendingImportLayoutController. Maybe something has happened to the Layout Controller. Go to the CM configuration and check errors. Is there some errors with it?

Regards, Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No errors in CM Configuration given.

The workaround doesn't work. I have the same com.sap.netweaver.kmc.expimp in both dev and QA, wasn't sure how to go about copying the compoment by itself so i copied the par that contains it "com.sap.km.cm.service.base.par" and it ended-up breaking my CM config all together...

It now has been restored but i'm still facing the same issue.

Assuming my problem is with the com.sap.netweaver.kmc.expimp, how do i copy the component for dev to QA? As stated above, uploading the com.sap.km.cm.service.base.par broke my CM config...

Thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Redeploying KMC component via SDM resolved the issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a similar issue tranporting KM content from DEV to QA system. Can you please let me know what kmc component have you redeployed again in QA. Need the full par file name.

Does clearing the exp/imp folder in system will help us without redeploying the par file ?

regards

Bharadwaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if import is successful and not visible in pending imports, problem is with size of importexport folder.

Please reach out to basis, to remove or archieve the old tranports. then start import.

Regards,
Sai Battula.

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got the same issue (although not on the same version... 7.02 SP07) and found this OSS note that sould solve your problem :

[OSS Note 1161683|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1161683]

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Guillaume