cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete logs or files created by server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed IDES CRM 7 as test server.

We had 20 gb of free server when we installed. Now it is full and there is only 13 mb of free space.

How do i delete the logs and the temp files and any thing which can increase the space...

Not sure what is causing this since there is hardly any changes done except that we had left it always on.

What all should i check either from Basis or from Oracle...

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We had 20 gb of free server when we installed. Now it is full and there is only 13 mb of free space.

So you had one 20 GB disk and installed everything on it - and now you wonder, where the space is gone? Just to make clear we all understand you properly.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

no its 200 gb partition.. 20 Gb was the free space and now it became 14 mb,,

My be some log or auto created files may be the reason...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

At the database side, If you are not planning to have a backup on the system continuously, you can disable archive mode on Oracle database.

At the application server side, you can delete already imported patch files under "usr/sap/trans/EPS/in". Check "/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<##>/work" folder to in order to reclaim the space, also.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not sap folder...its oracle which is 280gb. So some files or oracle or some thing inside sap which might be tables ,sql trace or something else is taking up the Space.. Not sure where to look or where to clean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. As I noted that if you are not planning to take a backup periodically, you can disable archive mode;

sqlplus "/as sysdba"

shutdown immediate

startup mount

alter database noarchivelog;

alter database open;

Then go to "/oracle/<SID>/oraarch" and drop all "*.dbf" files, first.

Please notice that drop those files if only and only you are not planning to have a backup of your system.

Do not touch sapdata1, sapdata2, sapdata3, sapdata4, sapdata<n> folders. These folders have datafiles, of your database, physically.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on May 25, 2011 11:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theoretically, it could by any directory which is filling up. If you are on Unix/Linux, find out which directory is causing the problems:

cd /oracle/SID
du -sk * | sort -n

That information would help a lot in identifying the culprit.