Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services job does not execute immdieatly when called from SAP BW

soeejlersen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange issue with Data Services.

Sometimes my Data Services job does not start immidiatly with the execution of the InfoPackage.

Has anyone had the same problem and is there a solution.

Here is a view of the log where you can see that it calls the job 09.11 but the job is not initiated until 10.05

(12.2) 05-23-11 09:11:24 (2760:4136) JOB: Reading job is completed successfully.

Br

Søren Ejlersen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did this issue gt solved?Am also facing the same issue....Can any one help on this

Thanks,

Jesline.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your DS Repo is on SQL Server Database then there was a issue in 12.2.2.x which caused repo table locking and resulting in BW jobs to take long time to execute

this issue is resolved in 12.2.3.1, the latest FP for 12.2 is 12.2.3.2, and 12.2.3.3 will be available in couple of weeks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj for your help,

but what i need to do with SQL server.its client server.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is not in SQL Server Database, there is bug in DS Management Console, where its doing an insert/update and assuming that the autoCommit is set for connection, and not doing a commit/rollback resulting in table lock

you need DS patch to fix this issue, I need to check if there is a workaround for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

ok. My source file is flat file and having chinese language in 2 fields. and datastore SQL having code UTF-8 and flat file properties having DEFAULT code..so in error messgae i have seen UTF16 and UTF -8....so i thought its incompatability of code..we have loaded other data alraedy so no error found.so difference b/w 2 flat files is one having chinese langugae,tht one havin pbm....

so its not related with UTF pbm ..rite?

Thanks,

Jesline

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are talking about 2 different issues here

1 - job takes long time to start, this is a bug if repo is SQL Server and already fixed in 12.2.3.1

2 - code page conversion, since the target datastore code page is UTF-8 and OS locale cp1252 DS Engine will process data in UTF-16, this is not a problem, if your flat file has multi byte data, then I think it will saved as utf-8 or unicode,in that case, in the file format you can't leave the codepage to DEFAULT, DEFAULT means same as OS locale so DS is reading the file as cp1252, try changing the codepage to UTF-8 or UNICODE and do a view data, is the data displayed correctly ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

second one is the issue for me i guess. ,not taking tht much time and all.completing the job without data.I have tried changing the source file as UTF-8 and unicode and in flatfile properties have changed to UTF -16 and UTF -8....but no data,,,

Thanks,

Jesline..