cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict employee postion to current based on Org Unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently implemented structural Authorization and I am now trying to create a query based on Org Unit.

The query is to show employee by position based on org unit. I have made org unit auth relevant and created a hierarchy variable as the restriction. In the row/columns I have included Org unit with hierarchy activated, position and employee. The KF is Actual time.

When I execute the report it is bringing leavers and people in old positions. To remove leavers I included a restriction on person to remove anyone in the position 99999999.

But this is still showing people in old postions. These positions have been end dated in the system and current positions have date 31/12/9999.

Does anyone know how I can restrict position to only show current positions?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211907
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to review how to make the query function on a time dependent basis. the "Key Date" of the query is usually what activates this, and ensure the organization is also time dependent (it is by default).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as suggested i have made the query time dependant be selecting "key date" in the proerties, but this still brings in postions that have been end dated.

Is there a way to restrict postions by validity. The query is based on time management info cube

thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you have end date for current positions maintained as 31/12/9999 , try restricting the keyfigures on end date = 31/12/9999 .