Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping authorization field IDs to field names (description)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I am trying to map the authorization field (technical ) names to field descriptions (long names)

Backgroud: I do not have enough input from the functional team yet on restrictions at data level. I have pulled out a list of orgfield values from USORG. Now i am trying to map the other authorization fields to their descriptions.

Table AUTHX only maps the field to the data element and while table DD04V lists the long field names for a given data element, i need to drill down before i get the description and thats for each fieldname / data element.

Question: Is going through SU20 for each object the best way to map the field description or is there a better way to map the auth field IDs to their description. And i mean for multiple input as there are scores of auth fields...

Regards,

Prashant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you can try is the following:

Create a role based on the SAP_ALL template

Expand all nodes of the authorizations in PFCG, make sure 'technical names' are switched on.

From the menu, choose system -> list -> save -> local file

Choose 'unconverted' and save the text file.

With some fiddling in Ecxel you should be able to extract all field names from this file.

Hope this helps,

Jurjen

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you can try is the following:

Create a role based on the SAP_ALL template

Expand all nodes of the authorizations in PFCG, make sure 'technical names' are switched on.

From the menu, choose system -> list -> save -> local file

Choose 'unconverted' and save the text file.

With some fiddling in Ecxel you should be able to extract all field names from this file.

Hope this helps,

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Thanks Jurjen, that helped a lot.

I downloaded the authorizations into an excel tough, (did not use uncoverted format).

Solution in Excel: Since there are a lot of blank cell values

-- name the columns clearly

create a pivot table

In the pivot select only the field technical name and field description columns

For some reason when the other columns are selected, everything is going blank for values

I am sure others are better with Excel than i am

Regards,

Prashant