cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Time Difference between Application server and Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to homogeneous system copy of our SCM system(SCM 4.1) on a new hardware. I successfully finished the Database installation. While I was installing the Central instance, in the stage RFC connection data ( just after Start SAP system), it gives me an error in the log

saying

"FRF 00025. unable to call function: Error Message : Large time difference between application server and Database"

All my work proccess started and are in the State SEMW. I looked at notes 697353 & 960259. But those didn't help. I didn't have those applicable. My system date and time are already showing correct times.I have checked the timezones also. They also are the same as the Source system..

What am I missing? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See OSS Note 697353.

Good luck,

Margie Teppo

Perrigo Co.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

Thanks a lot for the response.

I already wrote in the email that I have looked at the notes 697353 and 960259. My times are already correct.

I even tried adding the evv variables. but it doesn't change anything.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

When you logon with <SID>OFR then run "date" from "QSH" and "call Qp2term", do you get same results? If not, likely there is issue with environment variable PASE_TZ or system value QTIMZON.

Thank you,

Victor

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you able to logon to that instance right now and can perhaps see short dumps in ST22 ? I would expect that and there you can find out where it is complaining about. In 99% the cases this has to do with this PASE_TZ, QTIMZON or QUTCOFFSET.

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut.gmbh

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor/Jim/Volker,

Thanks a lot for all the responses..

Just wanted to let you guys know that my installation finished successfully.

The thing which confused me was that my Qtime, Qdate and everything else was showing correct values..

Well, my problem I set the environmental variable PASE_TZ to the EST time zone on a SYS level using WRKENVVAR>F4>SYS and added the variable. I logged off and the sidofr logged off, but one user which should have logged off and didn't was the "SAPINST"(my installation user) which was logged in the subsystem TMKSVR00.

Even when I had closed the SAPINST installlation program, the user doesn't log off...it just sits there until and unless u shut him out of the system using the option 4 on wrkactjob for ending the JOB(SAPINST logged in the system below the TMKSVR00 subsystem)

So since the SAPISNT user never logged of, his environmental variables were not initilized properly, even after the changes...

This thought came to me almost after a 6 hours of wasting my time searching for notes here and there...

I think when u end/stop the install in SAPINST, the SAPINST user should log off the AS400 system, but I have noticed, it never does...although when u restart the installation, if u have noticed it shows you the log on for the SAPINST user in the TMKSVR screen...

Its kind of buggy, I would say...

I have noticed, that even when I log on to AS400 from home or from a remote PC using Emulator, it shows me logged in the subsystem and even after i have logged of, it still shows me there...

Anyway, thanks a lot guys...for all your responses..

Just wanted to let you know all.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which timezone are you using? I don't remember if it was mentioned in the notes, but some non-std (just +/- GMT) weren't interpreted properly, while more standard ("...EDT...", for example) were fine.

If you're using ENV VAR, are they being set at "system" or "job" level?

At one point, I thought the initial program was supposed to set the ENV VAR, rather than having to do it manually. Is the initial program patched to the correct level?

Sorry--can't think of anything else!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Just to add, My OS is OS400(V5R3M0) and DB2 database

Thanks

Abhi