cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to choose Accelerator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Production database is approx 800GB (and current project work will add 200GB in the next 12months) and we are considering the Accelerator as previous advice was when the database gets to 1TB then you really need to use the Accelerator.

Anyone have any thoughts on when the Accelerator should be used?

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stephen,

may be this link can help you regarding any concerns on BW Accelerator.

[original link is broken]

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

There are general guidelines about when to use, but each environment is different. To make a sound judgement for your investment I recommend you to seek a "BWA readiness assessment" from a service provider(I am one of them) who analyses your own data and create a tailored approach, sizing etc. This will eliminate assumptions you may have - e.a. not everything can be accelerated, there are limitations that you need to aware of etc.

Again there are general guidelines such as the queries (on top of cubes -not DSOs) with the following parameters. but it's best to get a professional help for a week or two

DBSEL > 1 million records

DBSEL/DBTRANS > 100

DBTRANS > 50000

Cheers

Tansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

I shall think about approaching a service provider and get their input into the decision.

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BIA will accelerate only the retrieval of the data from the database. If a query is slow due to heavy calculations/formula's/restrictions in the query definition, using accelerator will not be the best solutions.

M.

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, it's not depend on the total database size.

=> when you have many infocubes, the size of 1 infoCube/query isn't a problem.

=> or you habe many DSO.

=> or you save all PSA requests in your database.

check your:

- infocube size or

- complexity of the query design

When your uses are happy, you don't need a BIA.

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

BI Acclerator should be used when the report performance is really bad and even building aggregates does not solves your issue. It can also be used if the users need quick response for high impact reports (finance reports).

regards,

Arvind.