cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with merge module for CR for Visual Studio 2010 on x64 systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue to deploy my application with the merge module CRRuntime_13_0.msm. My application is a Win32 and built on Window 7 x86, I'd like to deploy it on x64 system with a msi package.

I could successfully deploy my app and install manually the x64 redist (CRRuntime_64bits_13-0.msi). Of course I'd like to use the merge module (i've found it here /people/coy.yonce/blog/2010/11/12/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio-2010-production-release-now-available), but I get the following error:

Module C:\Program File (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Entreprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crlslv.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.

Why the merge module is trying to install a x86 version of CR_13.0? It there a way to force to install the x64 version ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Download the SP1 and test again.

I suggest using the MSI, all dependencies are included where as the Merge Modules you have to deploy all MS dependencies your self.

Also, build and set your project for either X86 or X64, not both or Any.

Thank you

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Don mentioned, do go to SP1. But I have a question. You say:

My application is a Win32 and built on Window 7 x86, I'd like to deploy it on x64 system with a msi package.

Since it is a 32 bit app, why are you trying to install 64 bit runtime? If it is a 32 bit app, you'll need 32 bit runtime, be it 64 bit, or 128 bit OS. If you want 64 bit runtime, compile as 64 bit. Do not compile as "Any CPU". Also, remember that if you are on a 64 bit OS, 32 bit web app, your app pool must be configured to run as 32 bit...

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

0 Kudos

One other thing to note, there are no x64 bit Merge Modules, MSI package only. This is by design, we are trying to get away from using Merge Modules, deploy is much easy to control our dependencies with a MSI and causes the end user to have less issues.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing SAP Crystal report Merge Module CRRuntime_13_0.msm, it is merged with my dektop application. it raises following error when I try to install my application. at the client machine.

Module C:\Program File (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Entreprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\pageobjectmodel.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel.

Please help me out to resolve it.

0 Kudos

PLEASE read the post. Download SP1. Set your app to for x86 or x64 and not ANYCPU and distribute only that CR 32 or 64 bit runtime.

Framework must also be set to 4.0 Full, not client.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure whay you'd attach your issue to this thread? Different error(?), etc.?

If Don's suggestion does not work out or if you need more info, create a new thread.

- Ludek

Answers (0)