Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to trigger Workflow Event via Java Web Dynpro code

Hi experts,

I have a requirement where we need to trigger a workflow from a Portal screen. This screen is created in Java Web Dynpro.

Upon clicking a button, it should trigger the event to start the workflow. What are the steps/configurations needed to do this?

Thanks!

Former Member
replied

Hi,

wdThis.wdGetCompController.executeTriggerEventBapi("CoderReject");

In the current component, I think may it could also be possible that when ever you are trying to click on the reject button then it is raising the event CODERREJECT in the component controller, so please ask the webdynpro java consultaant to check what is the peice of code he has written in the CODER REJECT event .

By the help of one of my friend i have come to know that the above statement is trying to call the TriggerEventBapi Method and passing the parameter "coderReject" and youhave to know that what exactly this parameter is doing........ Check I hope you have to just pass your BO's FIPP key and the event that you want to raise.

@Viji

I think if you are trying to raise a event by using SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT in that case you do not have to do the workflow template as general task.. Correct me if Iam wrong.

Regards

Pavan

Edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati on May 24, 2011 4:17 PM

Edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati on May 24, 2011 5:21 PM

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question