Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Homogeous system copy for machine refreshment

Hello SAP expert,

I'd like to migrate our sap system() from power5 to power7, and the host name and the ip address will be kept unchanged on the power7 machine. We want to use homogeous system copy for db6 to migrate the sap system for testing. And after the testing, we want to just use db2 backup/restore to replace the database without system copy again. I know there are several steps in sapinst after db restore when I do a system copy, but the hostname, ip and user are unchanged, so I think there is no need to do a system copy again. Could someone help confirm that?

And we also want to seperate DB instance and CI to different machine, can we just do a db backup/restore for this case too? And I am not sure if some information about CI and diaglog instance is recorded, if so, I just concern there is some inconsistency if I just replace the database instead of do a homogeous system copy again.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

There are 2 things:

1) If you are installing new system then you have to complete whole system copy.

2) But if system already exists there then you can simply restore your database and bring your database and system up.

Thanks

Sunny

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question