Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problems with system export

Dear All,

I'm trying to extend hard drive, so I have to perform systems export and import on new windows server installation (source and target is on Oracle 10.2.0.4 and win 2008 64bit).

I did system export for Solution Manager using sap installer. Everything went ok (I guss) because it created ABAP and JAVA directories in destination. It is about 9GB.

I did the same operations for CRM 2007 and ERP EHP4. For CRM there was only one step (NW export) which took 10 seconds. For ERP a bit more steps because there was also Java stack. In CRM destination I have empty ABAP directory only. For ERP 1.5GB in Java directory and nothing in ABAP. What am I doing wrong? Message at the end is 'successful' ...

thanks in advance

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Skiba,

System copy steps that you have noted, are looking generally correct.

- If source Oracle version is 10.2.0.4 then it must be the same on target or can I use 10.2.0.5 ?

As you can figure out by its name that this is a homogeneous copy. So, the source and target system must be run on the same components. For example, if you restore your online backup, you will not able to import offline redolog files at the destination, because of Oracle compatibility parameter. Consequently, both systems must be homogeneous.

- Hostname and DBsid on source and target must be the same?

No, it is not required. Firstly, you will determine the target SID while creating "control.sql", by "ora_br_copy". Secondly, you will determine the target SID and hostname on SAPInst tool, during the import steps.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on May 26, 2011 5:47 PM

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question