cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing SAP Presentation Design 2011

Former Member
0 Kudos

I successfully installed Xcelsius Present 2008 trial version and then purchased a registered version of Presentation Design 2011. At the end of installation I received a message that said: "Missing installdir reg key for installiverse, required for uninstall. Key: SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Installer\aurora Value: Path".

I ran the installation setup program as administrator. When that didn't work I logged on as administrator but got the same error message. Each time it installs a folderSAP BusinessObjects in my Program Files (x86) fikder, and I have to delete this folder in order to rerun the installation.

It makes no difference whether I do a Side-by-Side Installation or Perform Simple Upgrade.

I am running Windows Ultimate 64 bit and using Office 2007. I'd appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was unable to fix the problem. I have since purchased another computer and intend trying the installation on that. If not I shall reinstall my original purchase (Crystal Xcelsius Std 4.5) and keep using it. Unfortunate that I spent about $250 on an upgrade that I've never used in 2+years.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. Were you able to fix this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Can you try this KB article 1696435

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm facing the same issue.... how did you make it work? did you find a solution? what operative system are you using?

amit_mathur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is this happening on multiple machine? Have you tired installing on a machine without Xcelsius 2008 pre-installed?

Could you also attach the Xcelsius Install log files present on the "Temp" folder of the system?

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have uninstalled XCelsius 2008 and cleaned up the registry as you suggested. It makes no difference and I ge the same error message when I try to install the 2011 program.

I don't have any relevant logs in my C:\temp folder. Only one other program has a log file in the logs subfolder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dashboard Design and Presentation Design support the following software:

Microsoft Windows

u2022 Windows XP Professional SP2 and SP3

u2022 Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP1 and SP2

u2022 Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1 and SP2

u2022 Windows Vista SP1 and SP2

u2022 Windows 7

For a current list of supported operating systems and hardware requirements, see the Dashboard

Design and Presentation Design Supported Platforms documentation available at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/articles.

Microsoft Excel

u2022 Excel XP SP3 (or later)

u2022 Excel 2003 SP1, SP2, and SP3

u2022 Excel 2007 SP1 and SP2

Adobe Flash

u2022 Flash Player with ActiveX 9.0 (or later)

@Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

rediculous.. just poor design..

Its 2012 and I can't try this software with a microsoft 2010 office product?! Mind you, not a obscure developer from some distant land who just released last week but the second highest selling software suite from the largest software company in the world and its been released for 2 years but..

So the solution:(?) uninstall office 2010, install 2007, install Xcelsius....then uninstall 2007 and reinstall office 2010.. You cant be serious, seriuosly... seriuosly...

0 Kudos

We are also experiencing the same error message, but with SAP Crystal Dashboard Design, Departmental Edition:

"Missing installdir reg key for installiverse, required for uninstall. Key: SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Installer\aurora Value: Path".

we're using the latest patch SP02 with Windows 7 32-bit.

We're not sure what to try to resolve the issue, I would also really appreciate either a workaround or resolution to this.

Many Thanks

Rebecca

DSCallards