cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO SDI Settlement issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using MTO non valuated sales order stock scenario, so far everything is fine. except during the settlement of sales order item , VA88, we want to settle to GL and COPA. our original practice is to settle COGS to GL during period end via VA88. but now the customer come up the request to settle the revenue and cost to COPA. so far per my understanding, for MTO process, we are not able to bring the cost and revenue to COPA via post sales order billing, that say we not able to carry it to COPA via condition type. the only possiblity is to do it via SO settlement. but standard SAP functionality only allow to post to GL or PSG. but we want to post to both. not sure anybody faced this problem before or any good idea to figure out this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can settle to GL and COPA both... I will explain it below

I dont know if you are using RA or not... usually, RA does settle the values to COPA (both COGS n Revenue)

Assuming your GL accounts are defined as Cost elements - Here is how you can settle to COPA along with GL

Implement note 483340

a. Mention GL as the settlement receiver

b. Double click on your settlement rule or menu option Go to > Details

c. Here you specify the PSG (Prof Segment) as the CO Object...If PSG is not visible along with Cost center,IO, etc - Check your Field Status Group as well as Settlement profile to allow PSG

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ajay.

Thanks for your reply. here i would like to explain my issue to make everybody more clear.

as we using non valuated sales order stock, during the goods issue from Sales order, there have no accounting entry during this posting, let say the COGS never been posted to FI and which it is not same as normal SDflow. all the actual costs settled from production order to sales order item, in sales order item, we using RA key 000004 Results Analysis (for Sales Orders). during period end, we will run KKA3 and VA88 settlement. after goods delivery from the sales order, we issue the billing invoice, then the revenue been posted in FI. but there have nothing been posted to COGS from FI side, so in the settlement rule of sales order, we maintain the receiver as COGS GL account. that`s the flow which been used so far. but now we expect to transfer the Revenue and COGS to COPA, as it is not possible to handle it during billing via setup KE4I for MTO flow, it only can be handle via SDI settlement. but so far we already maintain the receiver as GL in SDI settlement rule, my question is how can we posts to COPA as well with the Revenue and COGS at the mean time during SDI settlement. it seems Standard SAP only allow to settle to GL or COPA.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as I can envisage, it is possible...

Moreover, in your case,, the COGS is the amount posted in individual cost elements... however, you can settle them upon COGS account

Implement the note I mentioned above and follow the steps below

a. Create a Source Structure and assign the same in your settlement profile

The Source Str shall have 2 assignments (10 & 20).. One for Costs and One for revenues.... Allow G/L Account and PSG as settlement receivers

b. Now create 2 settlement rules in your Sales Order

Receiver in 1st settlement rule will be COGS account and Select Source Structure as 10.. Assin PSG as CO object here

Receiver in 2nd settlement rule will be PSG and select Source Structure as 20..

c. Assign a settlement cost element Catg 22 in your allocation structure...

Note that your allocation structure shall have same assignments as your source structure.... 10 & 20

Assign 10 to G/L as settlement receiver and assign a settlement cost element

Assign 20 to PSG and tick "By Cost element

br, Ajay M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The idea itself is not correct. As u are using non valuated stock, there will be no accounting entries generated for GR from production order. There won't be any entries when u do the delivery as well. Now it doesn't make any sense in asking the system to post the variance. More over i think the system never considers the standard price of the product in this process. whatever is debited to prod order is settled to sales order and then to COPA.

I know this doesn't achieve ur purpose but hope this helps in reconsidering ur problem.

Best Regards

Vimal