cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset revaluation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We in a process to revalue all the asset in the company, however, I observed an asset that was revalued did not impact on the relevant GL account

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should also check depreciation areas in asset if there is any postable area assigned in it, I hope there would be one.

Please check below SAP Note if you are working on 4.7 version of SAP:

Note 564832 - AA611 or AA439 after support package on advance correct

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys have allowed post valuation but i still cannot see the impact on my G/L Account.The G/L account has not reflected any debit/credit entry to show valuation.

Edited by: joeyzee on May 25, 2011 1:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joeyzee,

Try TCODE: "AB01" for posting revaluation and use Standard SAP transaction type for posting. Use 'Debit Transaction Type' for

upward revaluation posting and use 'Credit Transaction Type' for downward revaluation posting. You can see the Dr/Cr definition of the transaction types using TCODE 'AO84'. Use TCODE 'AFAB' for generating revaluation posting.

Thanks & Regards

Aniruddha

Edited by: Aniruddha B Mahalle on May 25, 2011 2:51 PM

Edited by: Aniruddha B Mahalle on May 25, 2011 2:53 PM

Edited by: Aniruddha B Mahalle on May 25, 2011 3:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I performed another revaluation and this was the message that i got

Asset transaction was posted with AA document number 4

Message no. AA367

The asset transaction was posted with asset document number 4.

The asset document number uniquely identifies the business transaction within Asset Accounting. This number should not be confused with the document number in Financial Accounting. The system did not create a financial accounting posting document for this business transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please make sure that you have assigned the correct G/L in AO90 and also check in OAYR & the check box "Post "Revaluation

Then post the revaluation through Tcode:AR29N/AR29

Regards

Praveen P C

Edited by: Praveen Chirakkel on May 24, 2011 11:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

what does this error message mean,whats the work around.

Posting not possible (Asset does not manage postable areas)

Message no. AA439

Edited by: joeyzee on May 24, 2011 1:54 PM

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joeyzee,

Revaluations are recorded with the depreciation run. This requires to set in the OAYR the check box "Post "Revaluation".

If this is not the case, then tick this flag and execute a depreciation repeat run.

regards Bernhard