cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upper case to a member

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm looking for a solution for a client requirement.

We have a data manager package which it ask for a selectinput for entity_dim and time_dim. Then, we have a script logic which it make a copy of the initial version.

The requirement is to put in upper case the values entered by the user in the datapackage prompt, because we get an error in the execution because the member (in lower case) doesn't exist.

I don't know if this is posible in the data manager packge or in the script logic.

Regards,

Javi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you want to change the case. The way you have maintained the members in the member sheet, the same way it will be displayed in the selectinput. Then why do you need to change the case?

0 Kudos

Hi nilanjan,

They can select members properly with the matchcode (in upper case), but when they write the members, they want that the two options are considered equal (upper and lower case).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood your point now. But, not sure how to do this. In the script logic, I dont think we can use any function to change everything to upper case. There might be a possibility in the dynamic script. You need to explore more on this. All the members selected in the prompt are stored in a variable called %SELECTION%. May be you can find a way to convert them to uppercase. You can try doing this in BADI. There are 2 important variables that can be used. One is CT_DATA, which stores the data from the application based on the selection criteria. Second is IT_AXIS, which stores the selection criteria. May be you can convert all the selections stored in this IT_AXIS to uppercase.

Hope this helps.

Answers (0)