Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

effect of item category on copy controls & output determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai experts.

good morning.

I want to creat a new item category. i can do it with VOV7.

But here are few clauses.

How can i maintain the new item category in the copy controls?

if the new item category triggers in the sales order, customer wants to get only few output types not all. how can i do this.

if i do what is the effect of other output types which will trigger through the sales document types.

please help me

thanks in advance.

VARMA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
How can i maintain the new item category in the copy controls?

In T Code VTLA , select the Document Types i.e. Order & Delivery Type then select the existing item Category & copy it to New Item Category,

if the new item category triggers in the sales order, customer wants to get only few 
output types not all

Pls elaborate the above issue.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable answers.

1. i will maintain in item category in VTLA.. do i need to maintain the new item category in VTFL also.

2. we have output type like zv01, zv02 zv03... zv10 like that.. if this particular new item category comes in the sales order then only 4 output types should trigger like zv02, zv04, zv07 , zv10, not all the output types..

i have a doubt here. there will me other item categories also there in the sales order then how can we get the out put type.

please suggest me.

thank you.

VARMA

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are looking output type item wise,so for the perticulat item category you will zv02, zv04, zv07 , zv10...you will get at output.If you have many other item categories in sales order this will not get trigger as the other item category access sequence will not match with your new item category.So you can maintain the new item category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you create Condition Records on the basis of Sales Document Type & Item Category. In such case , if New Item Category has a Condition Record only then particular output type will come in the Sales Order.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to mainatin item cat in VTLA go to item level and new entries and ther eput you new item cat.

2. you need to write routine in ouput procures and assign against your outputs types , logic should be on item category. if this item at item then do not issue output (ignore). check whethere you get item category in output determinoation.