cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open attachment in Windows7 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

while opening the attachment list from me53n, my system get hanged and have to restart the sap.

i have checked this issue in other system, where it works fine , but in every system having windows7, this issue occurs.

is this a issue in windows7? how could we rectify this issue because in all laptops sap is rinning on windows7 as OS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member428877
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello all, we are facing the same issue but only with certain users.

If deactivate the rules based security of SAP GUI 720 it works and the attachment list is showed correctly.

¿ Have you finded any SAP solution for this issue ?

All you need to do is to delete the respective entries for the specific user in table SOPCPATH. But the best solution is to upgrade your SAP Gui patch level to the latest available, in my case level 11.

Message was edited by: JESÚS MARTÍN DEL BARRIO

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> while opening the attachment list from me53n, my system get hanged and have to restart the sap.

> i have checked this issue in other system, where it works fine , but in every system having windows7, this issue occurs.

> is this a issue in windows7? how could we rectify this issue because in all laptops sap is rinning on windows7 as

Are you talking about "generic object services" (the dropdown in the left upper corner) and opening documents from there? What does your SAP system do? You see any activity in SM66 when the system "hangs"?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i am opening docment from there. but there is nothing such in activity in sm66, when the system hangs

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a 64bit Windows? You use there any virus scanners?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, it is 32bit windows7 professional and we use McAfee as antivirus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it work if you switch off the virus scanner?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

virus scanner is in off mode only. i also tried by uninstalling the antivirus , and then open the attachment but still its not opening and made the system hanged.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And this is happening on ALL Windows 7 systems you have?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

not all, but 6 out of 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

we are facing the same problem.

Please help us to resolve the issue.

Thanks, Prashanth P.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Version of SAP Gui is it 7.20 with latest patch installed on your system. This kind of error usually occurs due to GUI or might be network issue that time so it was not able to download the file.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it is SAP Gui 7.20 with latest patch and there is nothing for network issue,network is all fine but still we are not able to open attachement list in me23n

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then probably you need to analyze the logs SM21 to see the message over there.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

in log SM21, we can only see this msg ''Delete session 001 after error 061", there is nothing much here to get the solution of this problem. we are only getting the log of session out when the sap session get hanged while opening the attachment.